CrazyPixels Forum

Everything about the CrazyPixels products!
 FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:32 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 pm 

I haven't tried using Camlan but assuming it is similiar to CamUniversal then the webserver address is the ip address of the PC on which the webserver is running. Usually something like 192.168.1.2. You may need to fix the IP address of your PC.. but Camalan may show you what it is and then you just type it in.

The external IP address you got from whatis iwebsite s the IP assigned by your ISP to you, ie your router as seen from outside world.. the number can change!

Assuming you have a router!! then you need to get your router to forward request to it onto the PC with the webserver running. Port forwarding or Virtual server in your router setup pages.

so its like this

in browser you type whatisyourIP:port

Your router receives thís and forwards request to 192.168.1.2 where the webserver running. webserver sends image back to requesting IP

clear as mud?

See other threads on here for more details

4 USB Logitech webcams
QC Pro 4000 + Notebook Pro. Both on same PC and driver qc858enu.
QC Pro 5000 + Fusion. Both on same PC and driver qc1150enu.

See Homepage for QC Pro 5000 pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:14 pm 

There can be a number of reasons why it did not work. I suggest you try reading some of the other threads here were i have posted helpful stuff before.

You can simplify the testing by just typing in your browser address bar something like

http://YourWANIP:portNo/camera=1

eg http://88.110.128.78:37123/camera=1

This should produce an image in a browser. No need for a web page to hold the link.

If you post the URL as above I can test it and let you know if it works. You will have to leave your PC switched on, webserver running, camera running of course.

Remember your ISP will be changing your IP address and sometimes frequently. If this is a problem then you will need to use free dynamic dns service to get around it.

For testing I found I had to do it on another network. It was not possible to check external access from the LAN... something called loopback causes a problem.

Also, from work some ports maybe blocked.... but probably not 80

Check that you have allowed remote access in CamLan. Marc has some options for password protecting the camera.

Again, there more tips in my other threads.

4 USB Logitech webcams
QC Pro 4000 + Notebook Pro. Both on same PC and driver qc858enu.
QC Pro 5000 + Fusion. Both on same PC and driver qc1150enu.

See Homepage for QC Pro 5000 pictures.

Post subject: actual LAN/WAN/WLAN info
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm 

drewdall,

I would politely suggest to you that you don't use your real network information on any public board/forum/site/BBS. Its not that it isn't helpful, it is just that other not nice types can use this information against you.

It may be that you cahnged some key parts of the IP addresses, and kudos for that if true, but from here I can't tell. If you used real networks, then might I suggest you change (at least) your IP addresses, ports, and ensure your default passwords have changed from default.

Just trying to help...

pat
:)

Post subject: Re: CamLan: Web Server settings rejects IP address
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:55 pm 

How do I trace IP address of the computer that runs the wireless LAN? Command Prompt isn't picking up any other computers other than mine. Any other way to find out the IP address of the computer that the wireless LAN runs through?