I just updated my camera drivers again and CamUniversal lost one of my two cameras as before. It started with a warning message about being unable to create DirectSow Fltergraph use different codecs etc etc show. This time the camera name in WebccamUniversal was shown in double parenthesis.
I did what you said and edited the cameras.dat file by cutting and pasting the directshow section. The result was a partial success. I got my settings back for my main camera but lost another camera.
In an attempt to understand what was happening, and how your software works under the bonnet
, I put the original cameras. dat file that I found imnmediately after the new driver install.
To my surprise everything was working once more
I am not sure what happened but I think the cameras got out of order somewhere. The cut and paste of the directshow section seemed reset something somewhere so that my original cameras.dat worked once more. Maybe this gives you a clue as were things go wrong. I have the dat files if you want to take a look.
I also noticed that each time I changed the cameras.dat file I had repaint the detection area for the motion detector.
Also at first CamUniversal said I had an unregistered version. I put the key file back and then it was OK once more.