CrazyPixels Forum

Everything about the CrazyPixels products!
 FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:10 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CamUniversal - Issues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 pm 

I cannot bring up the video preview window. When I right-click the camera and select "Show the video window" nothing happens. I've moved the main window to check for the video window behind it and it's not there.

I can't figure out how to view recorded video. The system shows there has been motion detected and video recorded, but how do I find it?

Post subject: Re: CamUniversal - Issues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 pm 

Welp. I think I've figured out how to view the recordings. There's a folder buried deep within the Application Data folder which contained one huge AVI. It recorded the whole day instead of just when motion was detected. I adjusted the motion settings. We'll see how that works out.

Is this the ONLY way to view the recorded video?

I still cannot get a live view to come up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 pm 

New question. When motion detection starts, I only get video from the immediate start of the motion until it stops. I'd like 2 - 3 seconds of video before the motion starts as well. Any way to configure this?

Is ANYONE on this forum?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

Quote:
I cannot bring up the video preview window. When I right-click the camera and select "Show the video window" nothing happens. I've moved the main window to check for the video window behind it and it's not there.
This is the way to show a previous hidden window. It could be, that the video window is behind another window. You can set the video window to be topmost, so it is always viewable if it is not hidden.
There is another possibility to find all video windows. From the menu you can select "Show all video windows at 0,0" this moves all video windows to the upper left corner at the primary screen and then select from the menu "Set all video windows topmost". Then you see everything!

Recordings are done into AVI files! AVI is a standard Windows video container format. You can watch the videos with several programs, for example the Windows Media Player, VLC and of course with CamUniversal with the integrated media viewer.

Quote:
New question. When motion detection starts, I only get video from the immediate start of the motion until it stops. I'd like 2 - 3 seconds of video before the motion starts as well. Any way to configure this?

First you can make all settings for the motion detector, in which intervals it tests for motion, in which time range it should be active, etc. and then you can select which action should be executed if a motion is detected.
For the video recording you have to select the video filename and the length of the video. You can select a predetermined length or that the recording should run so long as long a motion is available. If the video recording starts immediately after the start of the motion detector, then a motion is immediately recognized. You can additional select to wait several seconds at start of the motion detector.
For the adjustement phase of the motion detector I would suggest to select NO action first. Make your adjustements and after this start the motion detector. Then select the camera in the main dialog. With the right mouse click you open the context menu. From this menu you can select "Show motion detection difference window". In this window you see the current picture difference in % and all as motion declared areas painted in red.
Now you can adjust the sensitivity of the detector to get the results you want!

CrazyPixels Software Development

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/crazypixels.software
Twitter https://twitter.com/crazypixelssoft
Google+ https://plus.google.com/+Crazypixels/posts