CrazyPixels Forum

Everything about the CrazyPixels products!
 FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:57 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: xvid codec
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:55 pm 

I can successfully use the DivX 6.9.2 Codec (4 Logical CPUs) with a single camera which uses 13% of my CPU (I5-2600K quad core). If I try to encode a second camera with DivX, my CPU maxes out at 100%, the frames seem to lose their time sync, and other bad things start to happen. I'm having more luck with Xvid. I was able to get Xvid to work with CamUniversal by checking the "Interlaced Encoding" box under the "Profile@level: Xvid Home" "more" option tab. I also turned off "Display encoding status" under the "Other Options" tab, just because the pop-up status window doesn't mean anything to me.

CamUniversal immediately crashes every time I hit OK after changing any codec settings through CamUniversal's "Device Settings" tab. I guess this is okay, since the settings seem to be correctly changed when I restart CamUniversal. I think these settings are global as I can also change them from the Xvid Configure Encoder program, and CamUniversal will see the changes when I bring it up.

Post subject: Re: xvid codec
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:04 pm 

I had the same prob. Please look, if the config-files are write-protected. No Fake.
After that, have a look on your divx-codec. the off. one suxx. use koepis' one, and all is ok.