CrazyPixels Forum

Everything about the CrazyPixels products!
 FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:51 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Multiple ftp and picture capture jobs per camera schedule
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:58 am 

For one network camera (many after I make one work reliably), I want to capture one image every 300 seconds to a directory, and then ftp it out of that directory every 300 seconds. For the same camera I want to capture an image to another subdirectory every 60 seconds with incremental numbering to 360. In the same schedule I then want to ftp a file from yet another directory on the 0 and 30 minute marks.

It looks straight forward but odd things happen such as the second ftp process will not process on scheduler start, and the file for one ftp process has shown up in the directory that the other ftp process calls for. Lastly the same image some times shows up repeatedly even though the time stamp is incrementing.

Is there any wisdom out there about multiple captures and multiple ftp requests in one schedule? Should this be doable? Common mistakes?

Edited 2 days later,,

I've also tried making 2 separate cameras, of the same ip. One that captures an image every 300 seconds, then ftp's it out. And the second camera (same ip) that captures every 60 seconds with incremental numbers, and then ftp's a movie made of the captures on a 0 and 30 minute schedule.... Pretty much the same result. Having files that won't transfer, or posting stale images with new time stamps.

And ideas any one? If I do single captures and ftp transfers, all work fine, or if I do incremental captures and ftp transfers all is well. Only when I want both from one camera do I have the problem.

Just so you know the objective, I post one still image every 5 minutes to a web site so a very current image is available. At the same time I'm capturing one image every 60 seconds incrementing the file names over a 6 hour period. Every 30 minutes I run a movie making app using those 360 images, and ftp it off to a web site. Cool stuff. It all worked with a competitors program but it was very inefficient bandwidth wise. I hope I can get CamUniversal working reliably.

Thank you
Dan Plute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:41 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

Quote:
For one network camera (many after I make one work reliably), I want to capture one image every 300 seconds to a directory, and then ftp it out of that directory every 300 seconds. For the same camera I want to capture an image to another subdirectory every 60 seconds with incremental numbering to 360. In the same schedule I then want to ftp a file from yet another directory on the 0 and 30 minute marks.

This should be possible to do!

Quote:
It looks straight forward but odd things happen such as the second ftp process will not process on scheduler start, and the file for one ftp process has shown up in the directory that the other ftp process calls for. Lastly the same image some times shows up repeatedly even though the time stamp is incrementing.

Have you set to start both FTP jobs at scheduler start?
The same image but with a new time stamp could appear, if the program can't receive a new image from your netcam. Perhaps the receiving interval is adjusted bigger than the capturing interval. Or there are problems receiving a new image because of network overload.

You can run CamUniversal with the parameter -analyze. The protocol file analyze.txt will be created. Open a console and type> CamUniversal -analyze
In the protocol file analyze.txt you will see some messages from the program. Run CamUniversal use your functions and send the created procotol to me! Perhaps I can find something.

CrazyPixels Software Development

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/crazypixels.software
Twitter https://twitter.com/crazypixelssoft
Google+ https://plus.google.com/+Crazypixels/posts