CrazyPixels Forum

Everything about the CrazyPixels products!
 FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:11 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: False motion detection due to sunny/cloudy changes
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:39 am 

Hi all,

I really like the CamUniversal software, but I do have problems setting up a reliable motion detection scheme.

During a sunny day, each time when a cloud suddenly creates a darker image, a motion is reported.
I could create longer detection intervals, but then a person walking by within the same amount of time would not be detected.
Also, reducing the detection sensing area does not help, as the changes in the picture due to cloud shading are everywhere.

The camera I use (a Y-cam) has built-in motion detection that does not suffer from the same problem. Somehow, the camera is able to distinguish between sun/cloud changes and true motion detection a lot better.

It seems to me like a good solution if the CamUniversal software were able to understand that there is NO motion detection if 100% of the picture changes by the same amount (i.e. due to sun/cloud changes).

Do you think this is possible to implement? I really need to also use the motion detection from CamUniversal, as the Y-cam built in motion detection capabilities can only generate a single motion detection alarm and I need to set two different motion detection alarms from the same picture.

Thanks
Perry

Post subject: Re: False motion detection due to sunny/cloudy changes
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:34 pm 

I am also looking for some information on how to best set up the motion detection schemes to alleviate/reduce the amount of captures caused by clouds and shadows. Anyone have any ideas?

Kevin