CrazyPixels Forum

Everything about the CrazyPixels products!
 FAQ •  Search •  Register •  Login 
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IP video server 9100A plus setup help
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:45 pm 

Please help, I purchased a IP 9100A plus and was able to view local network and test with home wireless with a laptop both work fine. But trying to setup portforwarding from router but no luck to view via web brownser (192.168.1.105:80 << example) hardware came with soft ware = Ikamp).
If I purchae software Campermanent will I able to view remotely via web brownser?

Thanks
Tom

Post subject: Same Here!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:57 am 

Hi,
I'm having the same exact problem you are having with 9100A Plus and can't figure it out. I even emailed the company in Taiwan and they made no sense and could not understand their emails. Ive tried Belkin and Linksys routers. If you have had ANY HELP please email me
steve.taranto@gmail.com I just joined the Forum tonight.
Thanks,
Steve T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:07 pm 

Hi
I have it too.

pls share the information about it. taiwan team is just troublesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:25 am 

It works for me. My suggestion is to separate the two steps: Step 1, get the IP Video Server working on your local network; step 2, figure out port forwarding. It sounds to me like the problems posted are with router configuration and not the IP Video Server.

Do you have another device on your LAN which you can test getting a connection from the internet (WAN) side of your router so you can verify you have Port Forwarding working independently of the IP Video Server? Perhaps a computer, a NAS, etc? I used a NAS with an FTP server to test. I assume the router is configured with NAT so your router has LAN IP addresses and a WAN IP address on the internet. I'm using a couple different TrendNet routers, but most routers support Port Forwarding. Is your WAN IP static or dynamic? If dynamic, when you try to access your device from the WAN, are you sure you are using the correct IP address? I use the free DDNS service dyndns.com and my router automatically reports the new WAN IP when it changes. There are other ways to do this, but this is easiest. There are many reasons to knock TrendNet routers, but I bought them because they were the lowest cost I could find with the features I wanted (Draft N, GigE, DDNS, Port Forwarding, Remote Mgt, good support). I did notice that even between my two TrendNet routers with different model numbers, testing WAN access from within the LAN provided different results. On one, the test worked, on the other, it didn't. When tested from the WAN side (by calling a friend and having them try), both models worked.

For the IP Video Server, I gave it a static IP address on my LAN. It is just easier to know where it is for router port forwarding configuration. The DDNS built into the IP Video Server only seems to report it's LAN IP which is pretty much useless outside of your LAN.

I'm using firmware version 2.39-A. This is the newest I could find with Google.

Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:18 pm 

Dear jeffsback,

I have setup my 9100(A) with dyndns but from an external pc I still couldn't access it. Contacted the dyndns helpdesk and they say it's fine.

I see in your post that you talk about static IP and the DDNS built in the 9100(A). Does this mean you have DDNS disabled in the IP video webserver? Or if not what are the settings there.

I added a picture of my current settings.

Hopefully you can help.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:43 pm 

My 9100A is on my local LAN with a router connected to the internet. The DDNS on the 9100A is disabled because it would just post its local LAN IP (192.168...) to the DDNS server and not the WAN IP from the router. My router supports registering with a DDNS server so I've configured it to register my WAN IP with the DDNS server.

My 9100A is configured with a static IP (e.g., 192.168.0.10) so that I can set up the "port forwarding" or "virtual server" (in the TrendNet case) configuration in my router. That way requests from the internet to the DDNS registered name will be directed to the WAN IP at the router and the router forwards the request to the 9100A.

If you are not using a router and just have the 9100A connected directly to the WAN (internet), then my configuration won't help you.

For debugging, make things easier and break it into two steps.
#1 registering the correct WAN IP with the DDNS server. I assume you can find your WAN IP in your router or 9100A (if you don't have a router) and you can login to your dyndns.org account at see what it is set to. Verify it is set correctly.
#2 Since you know your WAN IP from #1, don't use the DDNS to test access from the internet. Just hardcode the WAN IP (e.g., http:173.39.2.232).
Once both steps work, then try them together.

Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:32 pm 

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. That was all the info I needed to get it fixed.

Ray